Shawana Patterson, DDS
Dr. Shawana Patterson hails from Charlotte,NC. She is the perfect Oral Surgeon that will enlighten your surgical experience. Dr. Shawana Patterson understands the needs of her referring doctors and importantly the needs of her patients. She specializes in extractions, implantology (dental implants), trauma, pathology, cosmetic and sedation dentistry.
After high school graduation she matriculated at Winston-Salem State University with a major in Premed/Biology and a minor in Chemistry. Upon college graduation, Dr. Patterson was selected to attend the prestigious Howard University College of Dentistry in Washington DC. She graduated with a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree. During her studies at Howard University, Dr. Patterson was very active in the Student National Dental Association as Chairman for Community Services.
After completing dental school, Dr. Patterson further honored her dental surgical skills with an advanced year of training as a General Practice Dental Resident at Howard University Hospital. Upon applying to the oral and maxillofacial surgical specialty program, Dr. Patterson was readily accepted at Howard University Hospital Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residence. During her surgical training years, she also completed several research topics in the dental implant field. She fulfilled her ultimate goal of becoming a Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon by successfully completing the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical Residency Program in excellent standing.
Dr. Patterson has many years of experience in the healthcare field. She has practiced in Washington, DC, Maryland, West Virginia and now North Carolina. Dr. Patterson’s Practice, Patterson Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is in High Point ,NC. , cater to her patients as if they are family. Dr. Patterson and staff has excellent chair side manners and will make you feel right at home. Our office accommodate our patients with same day consultation and surgery (if medical history allows).
Dr. Patterson primarily serves patients in the High Point, North Carolina.
Dr. Patterson commitment and dedication in providing excellent patient care makes her a strong valuable asset to our dental /medical community. During her free time she enjoys traveling and spending quality time with her family.
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Related Certifications & Affiliations
- Member, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Member, Maryland Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (MSOMS)
- Member, American Dental Association (ADA)
- Member, Middle Atlantic Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (MASOMS)
- Member, North Carolina Society of Oral and Maxillofacial
Anesthesia Related Certifications & Affiliations
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS)
- The Patterson Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Group has received its Certificate of Office Anesthesia Evaluation from the NC Dental Board.
Degrees, Training & Certificates
- Howard University Hospital/Howard University College of Dental Medicine, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Howard University Hospital/Howard University College of Dental Medicine, General Practice Residence
- Howard University College of Dental Medicine, Doctorate of Dental Surgery, Honors
- Winston-Salem State University, Bachelor of Biology Premed with minor in Chemistry, Honors